Our grateful thanks to the following:-
- Barningham Memorials - Thanks to Mr Paul Hubbard for his favourable rates and excellent work on the War Memorial.
- Boat Intercoms Ltd - for their help and support.
- Estelle Mumby - Editor of Out n About in Winterton for help and direction during our Roll of Honour research.
- Hemswell Surfacing Ltd - Thanks to Mr Alan Jennison for the donation of materials and services for the war memorial area.
- N B Harland - of Walcott Hall Farm for donation of the Memorial Stone and his general help and donations.
- Neil Vessey Storage Tanks - for supplying the tank for our amenity block.
- Polypipe Ltd - for donating piping to our project.
- Robert Knapton - of Pinnock Farms for the generous loan of his forklift, tractor and trailers free of charge in support of our project.
- Steve Smith - of The Ferry House Inn for his continued support including the purchase of a PA system and provision of prizes for quiz nights.
- Symes, Bainer, Broomer solicitors - for their favourable rates.
- BSHG easyfundraising - Join up and shop online with all your favourite retailers and raise FREE funds to help BSHG
- BSHG on Facebook - Find the latest BSHG News and Chat.
- BSHG on Historypin - See what we have pinned on the map.
- BSHG on Twitter - Follow us to get the latest news.
- BSHG on Youtube - See the videos we have posted.
- BSHG Picasa Web Albums - See our photo albums.
- 7 Lakes Country Park. - Holiday homes, fishing, water sports and events.
Bovington Tank Museum.
The world's best collection of tanks.
- Burton Heritage Society - in Texas!
- Burton upon Stather Parish Council -
- Burton upon Stather Primary School - Our villages local Primary School.
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission - Commemorating the 1,700,000 men and women of the Commonwealth forces who died in the two world wars.
- Fritton Lake - Another WWII test site for DD tanks.
- Help for Heroes. - Charity providing direct, practical support to wounded, injured and sick Service personnel, veterans, and their families.
- Humber Keel & Sloop Preservation Society -
- Imperial War Museum -
- Morses Wind Engine Park -
- Newark Heritage Barge, - Creating a floating heritage centre dedicated to River Trent history.
- Rescue Day. - The popular event at 7 Lakes with emergency services.
- Royal British Legion. - Providing welfare, comradeship, representation and Remembrance for the Armed Forces community
- The Duplex Drive Tanks of D-Day - A new website by Stuart Burgess.
- The Ramblers' Association -
- The Tank Memorial Ypres Salient. - Commemorating those from the Tank Corp who fell in the Ypres Salient.
- Wikipedia information on Burton upon Stather -
- Wikipedia information on Duplex Drive Tanks -
- Winterton Agricultural Society - Promoting this region's rich farming heritage with their annual Agricultural Show.
- 2021 Visual Arts Centre, - Scunthorpe.
- Alkborough Flats - Nature Reserve and Tidal Defence Scheme.
- Blacktoft Sands - Wildlife Reserve.
One of the most imaginative gardens in England.
- Far Ings - Nature Reserve, Humber Estuary.
- Julians Bower. - The ancient Turf Maze in Alkborough.
- Lincolnshire Aviation Heritage Centre, - The largest Bomber Command museum in the country!
- National Fishing Heritage Centre - Grimsby. A fascinating insight into Grimsby's maritime history.
- Normanby Hall Country Park. - Regency Hall, gardens, wildlife and events.
- North Lincolnshire Museum - Scunthorpe.
- South Humber Heritage Trail Burton upon Stather - A PDF highlighting local heritage sites.
- The Deep. - Hull qThe worlds only submarium!q
- The Humber Bridge. -
- The Ropewalk Contemporary Art & Craft Centre, - The Ropewalk Contemporary Art & Craft Centre, Barton upon Humber.
- The Waters Edge Visitors Centre, - Centre, Barton upon Humber.
- Visit North Lincolnshire - Various heritage sites in the region.
Facilities and Accommodation
- Acorn Wood Caravan Park. - Camping and Caravanning with it's own fishing pond.
- Brookside Caravan Park. - Camping and Caravanning, North Lincolnshire's only 5 star site.
- The Ferry House Inn - AKA The Bottom Pub. A family run Free House with real ales. Also the Riverside Restaurant, reopened under new management.
- The Sheffield Arms - Public House. Food, Drinks, Bed & Breakfast accommodation.